The new Thermo Scientific Tox Explorer Collection from Thermo Fisher Scientific, Waltham, Mass, offers a comprehensive LC-MS workstream for toxicology assays. The Tox Explorer Collection consists of proven and tested methods enabling toxicology laboratories to achieve accurate, high-resolution data, regardless of analyte type, matrix complexities, or user expertise. The Tox Explorer Collection consists of a comprehensive library of analytes, allowing for faster identification and targeted screening assays with 1,500 compounds confirmed in a single analysis.
- The Thermo Scientific Tox Explorer Collection is compromised of the following components:
- Thermo Scientific Q Exactive Plus Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap mass spectrometer
- Thermo Scientific Vanquish Flex UHPLC system
- Thermo Scientific TraceFinder software
- Thermo Scientific Accucore column and consumables configured for high performance
- An extensive HRAM mzVault library of 1,500+ compounds and database with streamlined data processing and reporting
- Proven method comprising critical hardware parameters along with a step-by-step walkthrough guide for quick start-up and method installation
- Application support and training
“Toxicology laboratories must ensure they carry out reliable, reproducible, and sensitive analyses with a quick turnaround, using numerous instruments and software to ensure thorough sample screening,” says Brad Hart, senior director, clinical research,chromatographyand mass spectrometry, Thermo Fisher Scientific. “The Thermo Scientific Tox Explorer Collection provides a robust, consistent, all-in-one LC-MS workstream, with an extensive library of analytes to allow for high-performance, targeted analyte screening on a daily basis.”
Simon Hudson, technical director at LGC, said, “As a sports anti-doping testing laboratory, we look for a user-friendly and accurate means of testing samples at a high throughput, without compromising results. The Thermo Scientific Tox Explorer Collection provides us with an easy-to-implement workstream, consisting of a selection of toxicology solutions to facilitate targeted screening and quantification. We can, therefore, confidently achieve an outstanding quality of data, allowing LGC to stay competitive as an anti-doping analysis provider.”
For more information, visit Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Featured image: The Thermo Scientific Tox Explorer Collection workstream