Thermo Fisher’s new TaqPath DuraPlex 1-Step RT-qPCR Master Mix is now available for biopharma and clinical diagnostics labs that need a rapid, sensitive, and reproducible method for developing and testing high-throughput molecular diagnostic or bioprocess quality control assays.
The new Applied Biosystems TaqPath DuraPlex 1-Step RT-qPCR Master Mix from Thermo Fisher Scientific maintains performance at room temperature for a full work day (>eight hours), providing more flexibility for labs to incorporate 1-Step RT-qPCR into their automated workflow, the company says.
This benchtop-stable, single-tube master mix is optimized for detection of virus and bacterial pathogens even in the presence of challenging PCR inhibitors. Labs can now confidently automate their 1-Step RT-qPCR workflows, without loss of sensitivity, specificity, or reproducibility, with the ability to multiplex up to six targets in a single reaction.
“Overall, we were quite pleased with the performance of TaqPath DuraPlex 1-Step RT-qPCR Master Mix and found that it performed considerably better than a similar on-market formulation we tested in conjunction. Specifically, we found the product to perform significantly better in both inhibitor tolerance and in-channel multiplexing, especially at low copy number,” says Alison Todd, AM, FTSE, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer & Founder, SpeeDx Pty Ltd.
Features and benefits of the benchtop-stable, single-tube master mix, according to the company, include:
- Automates workflows: allows customers to confidently automate their molecular diagnostic and gene expression analysis workflows with liquid handling instrumentation by providing over eight hours of room temperature stability of assembled reactions, without loss of sensitivity, specificity, or reproducibility;
- Optimizes high order multiplexing: 4X concentrated formulation is capable of multiplexing 6 targets in a single well with exceptional sensitivity and specificity, streamlining qPCR assay development and testing turnaround time;
- Improves handling: provides lower viscosity and more flexible in-use and storage characteristics to help improve automation performance and compatibility;
- Increases confidence: highly tolerant to qPCR inhibitors such as VTM, stool, blood, and urine, enabling assay performance even when working with challenging sample types;
- Helps ensure reproducibility: a general purpose reagent labeled “For Laboratory Use” and manufactured in an ISO 13485-certified and FDA-registered facility, which adheres to cGMP; all lots are functionally tested to help ensure lot-to-lot reproducibility and consistent performance