In this episode of Clinical Lab Chat, CLP’s Director of Business Intelligence, Chris Wolski, interviews Jessica Murphy, MLS(ASCP)CM, senior technical laboratory educator for Thermo Fisher Scientific. Among the topics they tackled:
- Why there has been an increased prevalence of food allergies among the U.S. population in the past few decades.
- How home testing has helped to revolutionize allergy identification—and its potential clinical pitfalls.
- Why primary care physicians are on the allergy testing frontlines.
- How more precise allergy testing will help clinicians and patients manage these conditions.
- Why clinical labs are still critically important for allergy testing.
- What we can expect from allergy testing in the next 5 to 10 years.