Aperio Technologies Inc unveils its new digital slide scanner dedicated to fluorescence whole slide scanning. The ScanScope® FL, a 5-slide fluorescence scanning system, was designed to meet the growing demand for fluorescence whole slide scanning and quantitative analysis of tissues and TMAs with multiplexed biomarkers.
The ScanScope FL acquires high-resolution multi-color digital images that can be archived permanently, eliminating concerns about fading of the fluorochromes on the glass slides over time. Image acquisition is optimized by using a monochrome camera and advanced illumination, autoexposure, and autofocus techniques.
“Many researchers have indicated that Aperio’s new ScanScope FL provides superior image quality and resolution over other commercially available fluorescence scanning systems, while offering more flexibility and functionality,” said Dirk Soenksen, CEO of Aperio. “There is also enthusiasm for our fluorescence illumination system, which uses a quad-band filter in conjunction with an excitation filter wheel.”
The ScanScope FL provides:
- Faster automation with respect to tissue-finding, autofocusing, and autoexposure
- A wider variety of options, and more flexibility in filter configurations
- Digital slide images from up to four color channels in the default configuration, expandable if additional filter cubes are added
- A versatile visualization platform, in which the images can be viewed as individual color channels or as dynamic layers
- More quantitative image analysis using raw data from the 10-bit monochrome camera
In addition, the ScanScope FL shares with Aperio’s brightfield systems a simple user interface, ImageScope™ visualization software, and Spectrum Plus™ image and data management platform. It also conforms with Aperio’s image analysis architecture and Genie™ histology pattern recognition software.
The company will showcase the system at the 2009 American Association of Cancer Research exhibit show in Denver.
The show will be the largest in the association’s history, gathering together an anticipated 400 companies with the latest products and services for laboratory and clinical research. The ScanScope FL will be showcased at the Aperio booth, #221, located in Halls B1-F of the Colorado Convention Center.
Source: Aperio Technologies