Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., has introduced three StarBright Dyes designed for flow cytometry applications.
StarBright Violet 570, 670, and 710 Dyes offer improved brightness and precise excitation and emission spectra, making them suitable for use in multicolor flow cytometry panels. Bio-Rad’s line of StarBright Dyes offers researchers a range of fluorescent nanoparticles conjugated to highly validated flow antibodies.
“The new StarBright Dyes offer improved brightness when compared to other available dyes at similar wavelengths, and they may be used with a wide range of flow cytometers,” said Mike Blundell, PhD, Bio-Rad Product Manager, Flow Cytometry, Life Science Group. “The unique profile of the dyes offers enhanced resolution of rare populations and low-density antigens as well as consistent and reproducible staining.”
Key Benefits of StarBright Dyes
- Compatible with new and existing protocols and suitable for use in multiplex panels
- Resistant to photobleaching and highly stable with minimal lot-to-lot variation
- Offer reliable Förster resonance energy transfer (FRET) for reproducible data
- Work with common staining buffers, including special polymer dye staining buffers, for easy integration into multicolor panels
- Ensure no loss of signal in fixation
- Offer narrow excitation and emission profiles for improved resolution in new and existing multicolor flow cytometry experiments
The StarBright Dyes are compatible with Bio-Rad’s ZE5 Cell Analyzer, S3e Cell Sorter, and other conventional and spectral flow cytometers.
Featured Image: Bio-Rad StarBright Dyes 570, 670, and 710. Photo: Bio-Rad Laboratories