Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Invitrogen Intact Virus Precipitation Reagent and Dynabeads Intact Virus Enrichment Kits are optimized to isolate intact SARS-CoV-2 virus particles such as infectious virus, inactivated virus, or virus like particles (VLPs). While virus cultures are often required to obtain sufficient virus yield, long isolation times can slow down sample analysis. Thermo Fisher’s Intact Virus Precipitation Reagent purifies intact SARS-CoV-2 virus from large, dilute samples in only three steps and in less than three hours, while the Dynabeads Intact Virus Enrichment Kits automate virus sample purification for high-throughput enrichment in less than 20 minutes.
The Dynabeads Intact Virus Enrichment Kits can be used in combination with any of the Kingfisher family of instruments.
“With our Dynabeads technology, Thermo Fisher Scientific has been a market leader in magnetic beads for decades. Our new SARS-CoV-2 optimized products enable us to further support viral research to help labs understand how the virus works so we can continue fighting this global pandemic,” says Jeff Journey, vice president and general manager, Sample Prep, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Key applications include virology research, immunological and serological viral research, high-throughput virus screening, protein analysis, cell analysis, and nucleic acid research. For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Features and benefits of the Invitrogen Intact Virus Precipitation Reagent include:
- Ease of use: No ultracentrifuge or other special equipment or expertise is required
- Simplified workflow: Intact virus is easily enriched in three steps within 3 hours
- Flexibility: Enrichment is possible from large and dilute virus samples
Features and benefits of the Invitrogen Dynabeads Intact Virus Enrichment Kits include:
- Fast: Intact virus is enriched in less than 20 minutes
- Automated workflow: Minimal hands-on time with automated protocols on any of the KingFisher Instruments
- Easy release: Intact virus can be released from the beads in a simple 10-minute step
For more information, visit Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Featured image: Invitrogen Intact Virus Precipitation Reagent and Dynabeads Intact Virus Enrichment Kits (Courtesy Thermo Fisher Scientific)